In this Practice we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
- The person responsible for dealing with the complaint about the service we provide is: Susanna Missankov, Practice Manager
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to the treating dentist immediately. If the treating dentist is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass then on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for the Practice Manager to deal with this.
- If the patient complains in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to the treating dentist and the practice owner.
- If a complaint relates to clinical care or associated charges, it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patients complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within 10 working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within 14 days of receipt. If the patient does not wish to speak directly to us, then we will make every effort to contact the patient via email or over the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 14 working days, we will notify the patient, giving the reasons for the delay and the likely period in which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision regarding the compliant in writing immediately after completing investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
We hope to resolve complaints to the satisfaction of all parties.